Happy Heart Walk
Bring your walking shoes! It is time for our annual Happy Heart Walk on September 29 at noon! This year marks the 13th year of the Happy Heart Walk.
Join your fellow students, faculty, and staff to promote heart health. You can join either in-person or virtually.
- Join the walk in-person at one of the meeting locations at noon on September 29
- Join the walk virtually on Facebook Live by visiting the Mason HR & Payroll Facebook page at noon on September 29
Whether you’re walking in person or virtually, share your Happy Heart Walk photos on Twitter or Instagram with #HappyHeartWalk and @GMUHRandPayroll may reshare them.
Virginia Retirement System (VRS) Member Benefit Profile (MBP)
If you are enrolled in a retirement plan with VRS (Plan 1, Plan 2, or Hybrid), your annual Member Benefit Profile (MBP) is available on your myVRS account. To view it, select the My History menu then select Annual Statements.
The MBP is an annual benefit statement based on information reported by Mason to VRS as of June 30 each year. The MBP provides information on your:
- VRS member account balance
- Projected VRS benefit amount
- Retirement benefits estimates
- Eligibility for other benefits such as group life insurance and the health insurance credit
Use your MBPs and myVRS retirement planning tools to help you stay on track with your retirement goals.
Questions? Contact the Benefits team at email@example.com.
TIAA Financial Seminars
Looking to learn more about your finances?
TIAA is hosting several financial well-being seminars. Check out the flyer to learn more.
CommonHealth Wellness Champion Award
Is there someone who makes your workplace a healthier place to be? Maybe someone who runs your office wellness challenges, organizes a walking group, or makes sure healthy snack options are available?
Nominate your favorite encouraging colleague for the CommonHealth Wellness Champion Award. Nominations are being accepted for the next few weeks. The committee will choose awardees in mid to late September.
Virginia Department of Human Resource Management (DHRM) Financial Wellness Events and Resources
Browse the upcoming DHRM financial wellness resources below:
- VRS Financial Wellness Resources. Keep track of your income and expenses with the Budget tool from myVRS Financial Wellness. See how much you really spend and where you can add more to your savings. Log in to your myVRS account and select Financial Wellness to access this tool and build your budget.
- Virginia Department of Treasury’s Unclaimed Property Division. Tasked with reuniting citizens with their lost funds, unclaimed property can include dormant bank accounts, uncashed checks, stocks and dividends, insurance proceeds, refunds, and more. One in four Virginians has missing money. Visit our free search site to check your name and start the claim process. www.vaMoneySearch.org.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The EAP has legal resources, estate planning products, counseling, employee discounts, health & wellness, etc. You can view more at the Employee Assistance Program.