President Ángel Cabrera and Frank Neville, chief of staff and vice president of communications and marketing, will visit the October Staff Senate meeting to share updates and answer questions from staff.
Wednesday, October 4
10:30 a.m. to Noon
Fairfax: Merten Hall, Room 1201
Arlington: Founders Hall, Room B119 (video-conferenced)
SciTech: Colgan Hall, Room 221 (video-conferenced)
Submit your questions for our guest speakers:
To promote dialog at the Staff Senate general meetings, the Senate is collecting questions from constituents. This is your opportunity to ask university leadership about things that are important to you as Mason staff! Submit your question in advance using the online submission form or email your question to email@example.com. You may include your name, or you may ask to remain anonymous.
Staff Senate reserves the right to determine which questions are asked during the meeting. Any selected questions that are not asked during the session due to time constraints will be emailed to the guest speaker, and the responses will be published in the Staff Senate newsletter at a later date.
All who attend the Staff Senate general meeting are welcome to ask questions in-person, during the session.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heartfelt congratulations to Lauren Reuscher, Integrated Campuses Manager for University Information, for being selected as the September 2017 Employee of the Month. Lauren is also a Staff Senator! Read more about Lauren in this Mason News article.
Do you know a superstar? Make sure they receive the deserved recognition, and submit a nomination for Mason’s Employee of the Month. Additional information can be found on the Human Resources and Payroll awards page.
Contact Reward and Recognition at email@example.com with questions.
Congratulations to our newly elected Senators and returning Senators!
- Stephanie Atkins, Mason LIFE program (incumbent)
- Lisa Bair, Environmental Science and Policy (incumbent)
- Susan Brionez, Volgenau School of Engineering (incumbent)
- Andrew Burroughs, Registrar
- Sean Cox, Student Centers
- Kathy Dodd, Office of Communications and Marketing
- Jared Hagenow, Mason Police
- Akitta Robertson, Provost Office
- Brett Spencer, Facilities
- Preston Williams, Strategic Communications
- Joanne Zimmerman, Biology
- Jennifer Gantt, Arlington Campus Administration
- Carl Redmon, Arlington Events
Science and Technology:
- Lindsey Olson, School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism (incumbent)
- Michael Wharton, Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center
- Christopher Maier, Facilities (incumbent)
Staff and faculty can save money dining on campus by purchasing a Byte Meal Plan for discounted access to Fairfax locations of Southside, Ike’s, The Globe, and Simply to Go in SUB I.
2017-18 meal plans will be available for purchase starting Monday, August 21. Sign up for your meal plan before the end of September to take advantage of the free meal Early Bird Special:
- 10 meals for $75, plus one free meal for early birds
- 25 meals for $175, plus two free meals for early birds
- 50 meals for $330, plus three free meals for early birds
To sign up, visit the Mason Card Office in SUB I or email MasonID@gmu.edu.
Arlington & Campus of Science and Technology- 10% Discount
Receive a 10% discount in all Mason Dining venues at Arlington Campus and Campus of Science and Technology when using Mason Money!
Enjoy the flavors and fragrances of Provence and Northern Coastal Italy on this journey of the senses. Enjoy cooking classes, meeting the cheese maker, and exploring the rich culture of a region steeped in history. From Provence you will travel through the principality of Montecarlo, and onwards to Italy. Learn about local foods with hands-on experiences. Your Mason multi-lingual escort, instructor Patricia Boudinot, is from Cannes and will give expert advice and suggestions from her first-hand knowledge of the region. Celebrate with new friends at our farewell dinner in Italy!
Dates: October 7, 2017 – October 16, 2017
This program is open to all members of the Mason Community including students, faculty, staff, alumni and the general public.
No academic credit is awarded on Mason Cultural Tour programs.
First class hotel accommodations; double occupancy standard.
Eden Hotel & Spa, rue d’Antibes, Cannes, France
Grand Bristol Resort & Spa, Rapallo, Italy
- $3695 with airfare included
- Single supplement, $770
- Round-trip airfare from Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- 9 Nights with first class accommodations
- Tour transportation in deluxe motorcoach
- Itinerary events and excursions as listed above
- Most meals
- Pre-Departure Orientation
- International Emergency Insurance
- Other transportation
- Personal spending