It’s that time again! Time for this year’s Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC), the annual charity drive for Commonwealth employees. CVC participation is easy. Simply visit cvc.tfaforms.net/40 to make a pledge for the charity of your choice through payroll deductions or a one-time credit card donation.
Be sure to check out the CVC website for helpful tools and tips like the 2019 Giving Guide, where you can choose from over 900 charities. There is also the option to “Start a Fundraiser” for the charity of your choice. You could also create a fundraising event for your designated charity, such as a run/walk or a benefit dinner.
If you have any questions, contact Kimberly Shaw-Mack at email@example.com.
Inclement Weather Resources
Winter weather is fast approaching! Utilize the resources below to prepare.
Stay updated on university closings, late openings, or other weather-related changes to the university’s schedule through Mason’s switchboard at 703-993-1000, Mason Alert, the university’s homepage, as well as local media outlets.
Telework and Inclement Weather
Having telework agreements and technology in place in advance can come in handy if Mason experiences an extended weather event or other emergencies.
Teleworkers (if it is their scheduled telework day) and remote workers continue to work, even if:
- Classes are canceled and administrative offices are closed
- The university is on a modified schedule
Employees working from home during a university closing are expected to continue working unless it is not possible due to power outages or other conditions that prevent them from working. For more details, visit flexwork.gmu.edu.
Inclement Weather/Emergency Guidance
With winter fast approaching, review the Inclement Weather/Emergency Closing Policy.
Verizon Fios Discount
Verizon Fios is offering discounts for new customers, with Disney+ included for the first year! Check out the HR discounts page for more information on available Verizon Fios discounts for state employees. Email our Verizon Fios discount contact, Cricket Lenderking, at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and more information. For a list of all employee discounts, visit the Human Resources and Payroll discount page.
New WW (WeightWatchers Reimagined) Program
WW is now offering a customized program called myWW™.
On myWW™, there are three different plans for members: Green, Blue, and Purple. Here’s how it works:
- New members will take an assessment that matches them with the plan that best aligns with their lifestyle.
- Current members are experts on the WW program, so they have the option to stay on their current plan or switch to a new one. WW Coaches are trained in all three and can help members who have any questions.
- The science-backed SmartPoints® system will remain at the core of all three plans, but each plan has a different balance of SmartPoints® Budget and ZeroPoint™ foods list.
- If a member decides that they prefer a different plan, they have the option to switch at any time.
Interested? Check out the HR discounts page for details about the new program and how you, as a state employee, can receive a discount on WW. For questions, contact the WW Customer Care team at 866-204-2885.
Bookstore and Patriot Tech Faculty & Staff Appreciation Week
Don’t miss out on the Faculty & Staff Appreciation Week at the Mason Bookstore and Patriot Tech from Dec. 9–14. Save 20% when you show your Mason ID.