Sandy Creek Transit Center Construction
Construction of the Sandy Creek Transit Center has begun. As a result, several major changes to shuttle operations, garage operations, and traffic patterns are occuring:
- The Sandy Creek Shuttle Stop is temporarily closed during the construction project.
- All Mason Shuttles summer schedules have changed for the remainder of the summer, effective July 18. Visit shuttle.gmu.edu for revised schedules.
- Sandy Creek Way is closed beyond the second-level entrance to the Shenandoah Deck. The first-level visitor entrance and second-level permit entrance/exit remain open. As the project progresses, the third-level permit entrance/exit will be closed and replaced with a permit exit on the first level onto York River Road.
- Short-term parking spaces in front of Parking Services are closed. Visitor parking is available on the first level of the Shenandoah Deck, with the first 30 minutes free. When parked over 30 minutes, the cost reverts to the posted hourly rates.
- Disabled parking in front of Enterprise Hall and across from Research Hall is closed. Permit holders with disabled parking access needs can be given access to disabled parking in the Shenandoah Deck. Permit holders should bring their disabled placard and DMV disabled registration to the Parking Services office, which is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the summer.
- Disabled access is also available through the Patriot Lift program, where students and employees with mobility impairments may schedule point-to-point golf cart rides in advance. See transportation.gmu.edu/patlift.html for details, or call 703-993-2828.
- York River Road between Patriot Circle and the disabled parking lot beside Nguyen Engineering Building will open to two-way traffic during construction.
Updates will be posted at building.gmu.edu.
Posted: July 25, 2016