July 2015

You Ask, We Answer!

Fairfax Campus. Photo by Alexis Glenn/Creative Services/George Mason University
Photo by Alexis Glenn/Creative Services/George Mason University

Staff Senate welcomes questions from the Mason community. In this feature, we share questions received and the answers we have researched for you.

Question: “The Field House pay machine [for parking] is always broken. It causes a great deal of stress to wonder if I will be ticketed because I can’t use the machine to purchase a parking permit for the day.” -from a Mason staff member

Answer from Parking Services: If the Pay and Display machine is not working for credit cards (MasterCard and Visa) or coins, customers can utilize Parkmobile to pay for their parking. Parkmobile is a pay-by-cell provider used here at Mason. The link to their website is Or, if you have the opportunity to print a permit in advance, you may buy the parking permit through Mason’s Parking and Transportation website. This requires printing out the Field House Daily Permit as the last part of the transaction. When in doubt, you can always call Parking Services at 703-993-2710 (office) or 703-987-4991 (24 hour cell phone) to make arrangements or ask questions.