Learn to Ride a Bike with FABB
The Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling (FABB) is teaming up with Mason Parking and Transportation to offer a Learn to Ride Cycling class on Saturday, April 24 from 10 a.m. to noon in Parking Lot C. Just $10 for Mason faculty, staff, and students. For details and to register, visit FABB’s registration site.
Virtual Bike to Mason Week 2021
Could biking be part of your commute plan? From April 19-23, join Parking and Transportation for Virtual Bike to Mason Week. For more details and to register, click here.
- Fix a Flat: Don’t let the potential for a flat tire stop you from biking for commuting or recreation. Learn how you can fix a flat at home or while on a bike ride.
- Biking at Mason: Hear about the biking facilities and programs at all three of Mason’s campuses.
- Dressing and Packing When Commuting by Bike: Receive tips on biking in all types of weather and conditions.
- Bicycle Commuting 101: Learn how to feel more confident about getting to campus on two wheels.
- Bicycle Friendly Driver Training: How to be a safer driver around bicyclists and pedestrians, the related Virginia laws, and where to report near misses on our roads.
- Multi-modal Commuting and Car-Free Living: Learn about mixed modal commuting via cycling and public buses like CUE and the Fairfax Connector as well as general car-free living.
- Cycle Talk: A virtual social hour to talk cycling at Mason.
- Why Would You Want an eBike?: Hear about eBikes and see if one is right for you.
- Smart Cycling: This session provides the building blocks to developing confidence and competence when riding a bike. Get acquainted with lane positioning, rules of the road, hazards and more.
We hope you can join us for one or more sessions! If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.