Accomplishments and Initiatives
- In partnership with the University administration, increased the tuition waiver from 6 to 12 hours annually.
- Launched the Mason Military Outreach organization to support Mason community members who are serving or who have loved ones serving in the military.
- Worked successfully with Physical Plant administration to provide winter coats for employees in addition to the lightweight jackets previously provided.
- Established a gift program for Employees of the Month who are acknowledged at the University’s monthly ceremony.
- Established an extensive listserv network to keep all classified and non-student wage employees informed of state legislative information and issues relating specifically to George Mason University.
- Obtained representation on various University committees to facilitate staff concerns being brought to the attention of the appropriate body with follow-through to resolution.
- Prompted changes to emergency/inclement weather closing procedures that include earlier decision and notification of staff.
- In response to staff concerns, prompted creation of Employee Relations position within HR to act as staff advocated in personnel matters.
- Actively engaged with Presidential Search Committee providing staff feedback to the search process.
- Voice for the Mason staff influencing the allocation of 2011 wage increase.
- Instrumental in persuading RAC to keeping prices competitive for the benefit of Mason staff.
- Established summer dining hours of operation forum to influence increased dining choices on campus.
- Provide convenient means of staff contribution via annual Food Drive and Toys-for-Tots to benefit those in need in our communities.
- Smoking Policy Enforcement; Smoking on campus
- Commuter Choice Benefits & Promotion
- Recreation Services for Staff
- Improvement of Outreach Process
- Policy Reviews
- Commuter benefits for Part-time staff
- Eliminating trucks and golf carts on sidewalks
- Promotions for Center for the Arts and Patriot Center