Accomplishments and Initiatives
- The Staff Senate chair was invited by the university president to serve on the President’s Council.
- Facilitated annual food and toy drives to benefit those in need in our communities.
- Produced monthly newsletter to keep staff informed of campus updates, resources, and important announcements.
- In partnership with the university administration, increased the tuition waiver from six to 12 hours annually.
- Participated in updating the Smoking Policy Enforcement.
- Launched the Mason Military Outreach organization to support Mason community members who are serving or who have loved ones serving in the military.
- Worked successfully with Physical Plant administration to provide winter coats for employees in addition to the lightweight jackets previously provided.
- Established a gift program for Employees of the Month, who are acknowledged at the university’s monthly ceremony.
- Established an extensive listserv network to keep all classified and non-student wage employees informed of state legislative information and issues relating specifically to George Mason University.
- Obtained representation on various university committees to facilitate staff concerns.
- Prompted changes to emergency/inclement weather closing procedures that include earlier decision and notification of staff.
- In response to staff concerns, prompted creation of Employee Relations position within HR.
- Served on high-profile search committees to influence the selection of university leadership.
- Voice for the Mason staff influenced the allocation of 2011 wage increase.
- Instrumental in persuading Mason Recreation to keep prices competitive for the benefit of Mason staff.
- Established summer dining hours of operation forum to influence increased dining choices on campus.
- Workplace Violence Policy
- Commuter Choice benefits and promotion
- Fitness and recreation opportunities for staff
- Improvement of Outreach Process
- Policy reviews
- Commuter benefits for part-time staff
- Eliminating trucks and golf carts on sidewalks
- Promotions/discounts for staff at Center for the Arts and EagleBank Arena