The Outstanding Supervisor Award, sponsored by the Mason Staff Senate, seeks to recognize supervisors who routinely go above and beyond to provide unparalleled leadership, mentorship, and support within their departments or offices. Outstanding supervisors model and promote a positive work-life balance and strive to serve not only their departments or offices but also their personnel. Other actions that an outstanding supervisor demonstrates include:
- Acknowledging exemplary performance
- Supporting innovation and soliciting input from employees
- Being fair and flexible
- Encouraging and providing opportunities for professional growth
- Promoting diversity and inclusion
Does this sound like your supervisor? If the answer is yes, we want to know! Consider submitting a nomination form for the Outstanding Supervisor Award.
Supervisor Eligibility Guidelines
· Supervisor may be of any employment category (e.g. faculty, administrative, professional, classified) but must supervise at least one full-time equivalent classified and/or non-student wage employee earner.
· Supervisor must be employed at Mason at the time of nomination.
· Supervisor must be nominated by at least one employee who is a direct report.
· Nominators must be full-time classified staff or non-student wage earners.
· We encourage nominators within the same departments to combine responses on one form unless their job roles would provide distinctly different responses for the committee to review.
· Up to three nomination forms will be accepted for each nominee.
· Nominations received after 5 p.m. on February 28, 2023 will not be considered.
· Identifying information is redacted before the selection committee reviews nominations.
Nominations have closed for 2023. Look for updates in early 2024.
Questions? Contact Amanda Corrigan, Staff Senate, firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner(s) are officially recognized during the Outstanding Achievement Awards ceremony.