Outstanding Supervisor Award
The Outstanding Supervisor Award, sponsored by the Mason Staff Senate, seeks to recognize supervisors who routinely go above and beyond to provide unparalleled leadership, mentorship, and support within their departments or offices. Outstanding supervisors model and promote a positive work-life balance and strive to serve not only their departments or offices but also their personnel. Other activities that an outstanding supervisor demonstrates include:
- Acknowledging exemplary performance
- Supporting innovation and soliciting input from employees
- Being fair and flexible
- Encouraging and providing opportunities for professional growth
- Promoting diversity and inclusion
Does this sound like your supervisor? If the answer is yes, we want to know!
Consider submitting a nomination form for the Outstanding Supervisor Award.
Supervisor Eligibility Guidelines
- Supervisor may be of any employment category (e.g. faculty, administrative, professional, classified) but he or she must supervise at least one classified and/or non-student wage full time employee earner.
- Supervisor mustbe employed at Mason at the time of nomination.
- Supervisor must be nominated by at least one employee who is a direct report.
- Nominators must be classified staff or non-student wage earners.
- Multiple nominators may combine their responses on one form.
- Forms must be submitted electronically as a Word Document with the nominee’s name in the file name. Please abide by word count. Only 150 words will be accepted for each response.
- Only three nomination forms will be accepted for each nominee. The selection committee will review the first three nomination forms received. Additional nominations will be discarded.
- Nominations received after 5:00pm on August 31, 2018 will not be considered.
- Identifying information is redacted before the selection committee reviews nominations.
- Nominations will be accepted between August 1 and August 31, 2018.
Email completed nomination forms to email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Amanda Corrigan, Staff Senate (3.4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
The winner(s) will be officially recognized during the Outstanding Achievement Award ceremony, November 3