Does your supervisor top the charts on best ever boss? Nominate your supervisor for the 2014 Outstanding Supervisor Award. The Outstanding Supervisor Award, sponsored by the Mason Staff Senate, is selected based on her or his ability to:
- Promote collegiality in the department,
- Be receptive to employee ideas and engage them in the department and/or university goals,
- Promote and model a positive work-life balance,
- Acknowledge exemplary performance,
- Be fair in acknowledging exemplary performance,
- Encourage professional growth of classified or non-student wage employees,
- Support the work of classified and non-student wage earners,
- Support innovation in the department, and
- Model leadership skills.
- A supervisor may be of any employment category (e.g., faculty, administrative, professional, classified, etc.) but he or she must supervise classified and/or non-student wage earners.
- Supervisor must employed at Mason at time of nomination.
- Nominators must report directly to the nominated supervisor.
- Nominations must be submitted by classified or non-student wage earners.
- There may be more than one nominator on each nomination form.
- Only three nomination forms will be accepted for each nominee. The first three nomination forms received will be reviewed by the committee. Additional nominations will be discarded.
- All identifying information is redacted before reviewed by the selection committee.
- Nominations received after the due date will not be considered.
- Forms must be submitted electronically as a Word document (not PDF) with the nominee’s name in the file name.
- Nominations forms are to be emailed to email@example.com.
- Nominations will be accepted between Tuesday, August 1 and Thursday, August 31, 2014.
The winner will be officially recognized during the Outstanding Achievement Award ceremony Tuesday, October 14, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. in Dewberry Hall on the Fairfax campus.
Questions may be directed to Kathrin Breitt Brown, Staff Senate at 3.4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to Kim Kalthoff for her work as the assistant director of fiscal and administrative operations in the College of Education and Human Development! Kim’s work is described as being akin to a “well-scripted play.”
Learn more about Kim at this Mason News article.
To learn more about Mason’s recognition programs, click here.
The Staff Senate is pleased to share it’s new logo! Designed for us by students in the School of Art, the idea behind the logos is the Staff Senate’s three initiatives–to advocate, appreciate, and educate staff–holding the Mason staff community together. Whenever you see this logo, know that the Staff Senate is working hard to serve your needs!
Glad they asked us! We know Mason is a great place to work, now so do all the Post readers! Read the Washington Post article here.