Virtual Holiday Donation Drive
The Staff Senate is hosting a virtual holiday and food donation drive to support organizations in our communities. Rather than using drop-boxes to collect items on campus this year, we encourage the Mason community to use the contactless and virtual donation options offered by each charitable organization.
If you would like to drop off your donation in-person, please refer to the organization’s guidelines for accepting donations.
In addition, Parking and Transportation is offering a citation credit in exchange for charitable contributions made to these organizations. Find out more details by visiting their holiday donation page.
- Contributions to the Patriot Pantry can be made using their Amazon Wishlist. If you are interested in supporting the Patriot Pantry with a financial contribution, you can donate to the Student Food and Housing Insecurity Fund.
- Give a gift of a donation to the Student Emergency Fund to support students facing unexpected financial hardships, allowing them to stay in school.
- Bridges to Independence maintains a list of urgently needed items and ways to give. Located in Arlington, they lead individuals and families out of homelessness and into stable, independent futures.
- Inova Children’s Hospital, located in Fairfax, has set up a Wish List of needed items, an Amazon Wish List, and Gift Policies to help you avoid purchasing any items that they cannot accept.
- Prince William County Animal Shelter has a Wish List of needed items and an Amazon Wish List.
- Northern Virginia Family Service “Hunger Resource Center” has virtual ways to give and their ongoing needs list.
To learn about further community outreach initiatives by the Staff Senate, stay tuned to the Staff Senate’s Facebook page and our Staff Senate monthly newsletter.