Human Resources and Payroll Announcements – Nov. 2020
Reporting Accidents Reminder
We want to make sure the Mason community stays safe! Please remember to report all accidents, injuries, or conditions that may cause harm to an individual or the university. When dangerous or potentially dangerous conditions are reported, the university can take appropriate action to protect the community.
Please report the following situations to the university:
- Submit an Employer’s First Report of Accident form when an employee is injured while at work.
- Submit an Incident Report form when there is an unsafe condition, illness, or injury involving a student or visitor.
- Workplace injuries, exposures, or illnesses: Accident and Incident Plan
- Insurance, university property damage/theft, and automobile incidents: Contact Office of Risk Management at 703-993-2599
- Workers’ Compensation: Contact the Benefits Team at 703-993-2600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervisor Boot Camp is a program designed to provide essential information, resources, and contacts to supervisors who are new to Mason or new to supervising.
The updated, virtual format includes four half-day sessions over eight weeks, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., from Thursday, October 22, through Thursday, December 3. All sessions will be conducted via Zoom.
Participants must supervise at least one employee. Space is limited and registrations are first come, first served. Please contact Margaret Vu at email@example.com to reserve your space.
Posted: October 30, 2020