Steps to Set Up Your Out of Office Notifications for Winter Break
To set your temporary out of office voicemail, follow the steps below.
1) Access your voice mailbox by either pressing the Message key on your desk phone or dialing 703-993-7900 if you are off campus.
2) Press 8 – 2 – 3.
3) Press 5 to record your message, then hit the # key to save.
4) Press 9 to set the expiry date.
5) Enter the expiry month, then hit the # key to save.
6) Enter the expiry day, then hit the # key to save.
7) Enter the expiry time (military time can be used), then hit the # key to save.
To set your temporary out of office email replies, follow the steps below*.
On a PC, open Outlook and click on File, then select Automatic Replies (Out of Office).
On a Mac, open Outlook and click on Tools, then select Out of Office.
On Office365, open Outlook web client and click on the Settings gear button, then select Automatic Replies.
When you have opened the Out of Office option, you can select the appropriate start and end dates and times. Make sure you have an updated outgoing message for both internal and external senders as these programs do not always update both.
*You can set this up ahead of time and set the dates for it to be in effect.
Posted: December 5, 2017