Updates from Parking and Transportation
Like to bike? Live within biking distance of the Mason location where you work? Thinking that maybe it’s time you changed up your commute to include a few days of biking per month? Consider the Faculty/Staff Bike Commuter Choice program and find joy in commuting to campus on two wheels!
- Three tiers of financial support tied to the number of rides per quarter
- Earn complimentary parking passes
- Ride more than 10 miles each way to work – earn a distance bonus!
- Ride at Tier 2 or Tier 3 all year – receive funds for a complimentary bike check
- Can be used in conjunction with Commuter Choice
Conditions apply. The program, unlike Commuter Choice, is taxable per the IRS.
Need assistance in mapping a route? We have volunteers who can assist you in finding a biking route that is comfortable for you. More details and regions covered can be found on the Community Biking Resources page.
Mason Shuttles Service and the Holidays
Because Mason is moving to a virtual class environment after Thanksgiving, there will be no Mason Shuttles service after Tuesday, November 24, until the spring semester begins on Monday, January 25. The CUE bus is available on its regular schedule for transportation to Metro and within the City of Fairfax.
If you have any questions, reach out to Parking and Transportation.
Zimride Indefinitely Suspending Service on December 31
As a result of the ever-changing environment, Zimride, Mason’s ride-sharing service, is indefinitely suspending its carpooling platform for all college and university networks, including Mason, on December 31.
- On December 31, the Mason Zimride network will be shut down and Mason user accounts will be deactivated.
- Until then, Zimride will operate as usual and you can post and search for rides.
- Zimride will retain your records only up until this time while your account is active and as needed to provide you services.
Zimride has an FAQ available. Parking and Transportation is researching other rideshare opportunities for the future.
Posted: November 5, 2020